WaterAid Update March 2014
One in ten people across the world have no choice but to risk their health by drinking dirty water, while two in five lack access to adequate sanitation. This global crisis claims the lives of 2,000 children every single day.
Since 2010 Wild & Wolf have raised over £38,000 for WaterAid’s vital, lifesaving work. The money raised could pay for the following to aid WaterAid's work in Bangladesh:
- Five gender friendly school sanitation blocks for 1,250 children (at a cost of around £1,000 each)
- Two gravity flow schemes providing clean water for 300 people in hard to reach areas (£7,000 each)
- Five rainwater harvesting systems with a 16,000 litre capacity in five different vulnerable coastal areas (£2,000 each)
- Ten hand-pumps which serve 100 rural families in a remote area (£400 each)
- Renovation of washing facilities with running water in 5 rural schools (£1,000 each)
- Start ten low cost sanitary napkin production businesses in urban slums (£80 each)
It costs just £15 to enable one persoan to access safe water, sanitation and improved hygiene, therefore through sales of the Wild & Wolf Glugg Thirst Quencher water bottle 2,590 people’s lives have been transformed in the world’s poorest communities.
Thank you to our customers for helping to raise this fantastic amount of money for such a worthy cause!
Please take a few minutes to find out more about WaterAid and the essential work they do and how you can support those in need click here